Stay networked. Get informed. Broadcast your projects.
Who is the most digitally excluded in the Society?
1. in Netherlands? the old people/ persons in advanced age group.
2. In East Africa? - People in the remote areas
and there is no clear understanding on what technology is........The M-pesa(the money mobile transfer) in Kenya is a good example of technology being used by the people from the grass roots.
and people dont see this as technology, they want to see th big box(computer) infront of them to be assured that they are using technology.
Another issue in East Africa is bandwidth , bandwidth , bandwidth and sustainability.
we need to move most of our education resources, online, but how do people effectively access them without, bandwidth?
3. United States Consensus Bureau- privacy and security is not really a concern and is not an issue to people not using the internet in USA , only 2%- think that, privacy and security is an issue.
According to the consensus, Bureau- the reason why people are barely using the internet in the USA is relevance, the internet does not make sense to a bigger population.
4. in India- the parliamentarians , quarter a million of the people who are in government, who are critical policy makers, do not have access or have an internet presence.
only 5% of Indians speak English, but because of the large number within the 5 %...people feel like Indians speak English, this brings into perspective the other exclusion, the Multilingual persons, unfortunately are not able to use or communicate using the internet which is mostly English.
5. the Youth- our feeling is the Privacy online need to be defined in as simple language as possible for everyone getting online be able to understand. e.g face-book- we(youth) need to understand clearly what are the implications of our comments and remarks in the face-book.
6. Costa Rica- excluded people are the ones living in the remote areas and there is great digital divide according to the age group.