Stay networked. Get informed. Broadcast your projects.
Time: October 14, 2010 from 8:30am to 2pm
Location: Altamont West Hotel, Montego Bay, Jamaica and Technology Innovation Center, UTECH, Kingston, Jamaica
City/Town: Mobay, St. James/Kingston
Website or Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f…
Event Type: training, workshop
Organized By: ICT4D Jamaica
Latest Activity: May 13, 2016
The workshop seeks to:
· Teach parents and teachers how to use the social networking media (SNMs) - such as Facebook,
Twitter, and YouTube - that their children and students are using;
· Outline the advantages to, and potential dangers of using these media;
· Provide guidelines on how to monitor and protect your children and students in their use of these
· Provide technophobic teachers and parents with the facility for greater comfort with the
· Provide an environment for teachers and parents of different backgrounds to share challenges faced, lessons learnt, and strategies with their peers in order to empower them further in
protecting their young ones as they use SNMs.
The workshop instructor is Mr. David Bain, a lecturer from the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus. The workshop will take place on Tuesday, October 14, 2010, from 8:30am-2:00pm at the Altamont West Hotel, 33 Gloucester Avenue (on the Hip -Strip), Montego Bay, and on Thursday, October,
21, 2010 from 8:30am – 2:00pm in Kingston at the Technology Innovation Center (at UTECH), 237 Old
Hope Road, Kingston 6. The cost for the workshop is only $3000 for non ICT4D Jamaica members and
$2500 for members, and payment is upon entrance. Additionally, lunch will be provided as part of the
workshop package. Please RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or
We recommend that you take a laptop with you in order to maximize the benefit of the experience.