Diplo Internet Governance Community
Stay networked. Get informed. Broadcast your projects.
Time: June 1, 2009 at 9am to June 4, 2009 at 6pm
Location: Washington DC
Website or Map: http://www.cfp2009.org/wiki/i…
Event Type: Conference
Organized By: Cindy Southworth & Jay Stanley
Latest Activity: Nov 26, 2008
This year’s Computers Freedom and Privacy conference will be in Washington, DC, June 1-4, 2009. We are already working hard to put together another phenomenal conference.
We’re expecting the usual mix of brilliant and forward-looking activists, technologists, academics, and government experts. And, given the Washington, DC location of the conference this year, we are especially working to:
* Line up members of the brand-new Obama or McCain administration
* Hear from former members of the Bush Administration
* Encourage a high rate of participation from the intelligence, national security, and law enforcement communities
* Hear from interesting members of Congress and their staffs
You can expect to see topics such as:
* National security & privacy: what’s next?
* The future of medical records
* The future of Moore’s law – and its implications
* The Crypto Wars revisited: lessons for tomorrow
* Global companies, local laws: EU and US privacy
* Artificial intelligence and privacy
* Online ads and behavioral targeting
. . . and many more!
In June 2009, the United States will be several months into a new administration. Next June may be a time of hope, a time to look forward. At the same time, the technology revolution will roll on and we will confront new issues that, as usual, CFP attendees will perceive before anyone else. At CFP, the future is not only predicted, it is also created.
We hope you will be there to be a part of it!
CFP ’09 Co-chairs,
© 2023 Created by Community Owner. Powered by
RSVP for Computers Freedom and Privacy Conference 2009 to add comments!
Join Diplo Internet Governance Community