The May issue of the Digital Watch newsletter, which rounds up the Internet governance and digital policy developments of the month, is available. The highlights include:
- An analysis of the top trends in May, including the increase in ransomware cyber-attacks, the CJEU's impact on the future of the sharing economy; a possible U-turn in USA net neutrality rules; a trend in bilateral settlements of tax disputes involving technology companies; and DPAs flexing their muscles over Facebook.
- An analysis of how and why the WannaCry ransomware cyber-attack happened.
- An overview of the role of digital policy in campaigns and general elections (including France, UK, and Malta).
- A round-up of the main digital policy updates of the month, with security, e-commerce, net neutrality, and digital rights being among the prominent issues.
- And a crossword to test your knowledge on the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, which comes into effect on 25 May 2018.
Download your copy (pdf, 1.9Mb)
For back-copies, visit the newsletter archive.