Stay networked. Get informed. Broadcast your projects.
Not quite the perspective that we usually use for these questions but enough common ground to be relevant.
This may be of interest to Diplo people from the Caribbean:
SlashRoots on behalf of infoDev, a division of the World Bank, is inviting you to attend a focus group discussion in Jamaica, Trinidad and Barbados.
Attend a focus group with other Caribbean entrepreneurs and software developers to explore the potential of establishing a mobile innovation and entrepreneurship initiative in the region. See below for further information.
Over the next seven years, infoDev / The World Bank Group will invest significantly in improving the innovation ecosystem in the Caribbean. We aim to do so in a demand-driven way, learning the needs of the environment and working closely with partners to create an initiative that will prove valuable to the Caribbean. In this focus group, we hope to discuss issues such as:
- What is the current mobile innovation landscape? Who are the main players? What are the main market demands? What are the market constraints
- What is the quality and quantity of entrepreneurs? Do they have sufficient technical skills? Do they have sufficient business skills? Is there a culture of entrepreneurship
- What entities are currently supporting entrepreneurship? Are they educational, private, public or other?
- What are their strengths and weaknesses?
- What is the state of financing for SMEs? Is finance a limiting constraint? From where does financing come? Does it invest in ICT or mobile innovation
- What is the role for diaspora in supporting entrepreneurship in the Caribbean?
- What is the cost of doing business in the Caribbean?...
Read full account here