Stay networked. Get informed. Broadcast your projects.
• Committee No. 1: Multistakeholder HighLevel Committee (HLC)
This committee will set the high level political tone and objectives of the
conference. Committee members will engage on a global level with stakeholders to
encourage participation in the conference and maximize its chances of success.
This committee will include 4 civil society representatives.
• Committee No. 3: Multistakeholder Executive Committee (EC)
This committee owns the full responsibility of organizing the event, including: defining
conference purpose/agenda, managing invitations, organizing input received into a coherent set of proposals for the conferees to address, managing conference proceedings and process, and directing all communications activities pre/during/post conference. This committee will include 2 civil society representatives
The deadline for submitting expressions of interest is midnight UTC 6 January 2014.
If you are interested, you are invited to send a brief biography and a statement of relevant background and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org (Ginger) or by replying to this thread. At the closing date for nominations, those submitted to various civil society networks will be compiled and assessed by the Civil Society Co ordination Group.
Please indicate clearly at the beginning of your application whether it is for the High Level Committee (HLC) or Executive Committee (EC) or both.
The following factors (among others) will be used to assess the suitability of candidates
1. Able to represent civil society as a whole, not just your individual civil society organisation(s)
2. Able to work collegiately with other stakeholder groups in a multistakeholder setting
3. Able to consult widely with civil society groups and to report back as the process progresses
4. Ability to represent civil society at a senior level in these discussions
5. Broad knowledge of internet governance issues and the range of civil society perspectives on these issues
6. Capacity to participate assertively and creatively
7. Includes perspectives/representation of groups typically under-represented in global IG processes