Please be advised that AfriNIC is offering several fellowships to attend AfriNIC-10 which will take place 10-22 May, 2009, Cairo, Egypt (back-to-back with AfNOG-10).
The fellowship is reserved for individuals representing small organizations, universities, and journalists who are activity involved in Internet development in the African Region or ICT Policy in their countries and respective communities, who can positively and actively contribute to IP address management awareness in the
AfriNIC region of service.
Upon selection of the fellows, AfriNIC will notify the selected fellows directly and allow the fellow 7 days to reply with an acceptance of the fellowship. Public announcement of the fellowship winners will be made after the acceptance by
The fellowship includes: assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue, hotel accommodates for the AfriNIC event, from the night before the beginning of the event to the last day of the event.
If you think you meet the criteria above, please complete the online application form at http://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-10/fellowship-form1.htm Or, reply to the questions below in a separate email along with your personal detail information to firstname.lastname@example.org before (15 March 2009).
* Name of Participant:
* Name of Organisation:
* Is your organization an LIR?:
* Your position in the Organisation:
* Physical Address:
* Passport Number:
* Country and City of residence:
* Cost of ticket from your residence city to Egypt:
* How much are you willing to contribute towards the fellowship?
** Your answers to the questions bellow will determine you eligibility to
1. Which Internet related meetings (inc. AfriNIC meetings) have you attended in the past? Please give details of events and dates.
2. What has been or is your contribution in your Country/Africa in relation to the ICT field? Please give details of events and dates.
3. How are you planning to share with your community what you will learn from the AfriNIC-10 meeting?
4. What has been your contribution to discussions within the AfriNIC community?
Other requirements from the fellows:
* To attend and participate in events as outlined in the agenda and complete a survey of the meeting events;
* To provide a meeting/attendance report within 15 days after the last day of the meeting;
* To provide a follow-up report to AfriNIC within four (3) months after the meeting on how he/she is contributing to the community as a result of the AfriNIC participation and how the meeting has benefited the fellow; and,
* Ensuring requirements for entry into Egypt are met at least three weeks prior to the first date of the event, such as, obtaining passport and visa.
Please direct questions to email@example.com.
Communications Area Manager