Stay networked. Get informed. Broadcast your projects.
Dear colleagues (especially Europeans),
I hope the message finds you well and cheerful!
It is my pleasure to remind you of the forthcoming 4th European Dialogue on Internet Governance - EuroDIG - that is taking place in Belgrade, Serbia, 30-31 May 2011, and invite you to join us and visit my beautiful city!
This fourth EuroDIG, taking place for the first time out of Western Europe, will gather some 300 representatives of governments, IT business (software, ISPs, Telcos) and non-government organisations from all over Europe.
Some of the topics that will be discussed involve:
- Internet and democracy
- Internet rights and principles, Openness and Network Neutrality
- Business models for broadband development
- Public and commercial services (e-Government and mobile services)
- Cloud Computing perspectives and services
- Ethics and corporate responsibility
- Digital literacy and role of ICT in education
- Privacy, data protection and online identity
- Critical Internet resources: IPv6 and new gTLDs
- Multilingualism on Internet
- Freedom of expression and hate speech
- Fighting Cyber-crime and European perspectives of cyber-security
- Roles and responsibilities with new media
The detailed programme of EuroDIG2011 is available at: http://www.eurodig.org/eurodig-2011/programme
If you would like to get involved in organisation of any of the session, please join the e-lists of the organising teams (available on the web page of each session) and contribute. It is the right moment to join and assist with putting up the final outline of sessions.
To register for EuroDIG, please follow: http://www.eurodig.org/eurodig-2011/information/registration
You can book accommodation and find out more about Belgrade via www.eurodig.rs
As every year, remote participation will be available for all the interested professionals that might not be able to join EuroDIG.
To access remotely, also register as participant but note that you will access remotely within the form.
You may also join remote hub in your city (group remote participation) – list of already registered cities and hubs are available at:
If there is no hub in your country and you would like to organise one, please contact us and we will be happy to help you!
Looking forward to meeting you in Belgrade 30-31 May!
Please also share the announcement among the institutions in your country.