Did you take the Internet Governance Capacity Building Programme - IGCBP from DiploFoundation? If so, in which year? Who was tutoring you?
Where did you ¨discover¨ this Community portal?
What are you currently doing today and projects you have related to Internet governance?
1) Data Communications Design, Planning and Maintenace.
2) Satellite Systems planning, operations and Maintenance
3) Telecomms VAS services maintenance and oeprations.
4) Data Centre commisioning and maintenace.
5) ISP Businness Operations & Maintenance, Design and Planning.
In which ways the capacity building provided by Diplo has helped you and your community in Internet governance issues? (Question only for IGCBP Alumni)
I hope I will want day be sponsored to do this course. But I know that it will be sueful to me in many ways, e.g.:
1) My job demands constant generation, use, reporting, rendering and manipulation of "BIG DATA". I usually collaborate with various stakeholders across four continents during a normal work-day in the office in the course of my work. I need to data-mine some databases serving telecomms equipment in some African countries, format them in specified formats and ftp them to programmers in the USA while writing reports to our Directors in India. A good number of the devices were originally installed by engineers from telecomms comapnies in Europe (Ericsson and Nokia) so I have to liaisse with them for troubleshooting
incidents. Therefore any new skills that may furtehr my acumen in this respect goes a long way in furthering the aims of this year's forum of producing social and economic benefits to both my community and employer such as improving productivity, controlling costs, and improving efficiency.
2) We supply subsidised internet and computers to some rural schools and churches and volunteer to teach the teachers and pupils in such schools. Some hospitals also benfit in the same way. This ensures increase of social welfare and educational opportunities that will ultimately lead to a better environment and higher economic returns , e.g in terms of better job prospects and consumer welfare.
3) I am a member of Comviva's (and Bharti-Airtel's) IPv6 and DNSSEC implementation group, in which we take cognisance of the fact that "big data" has the potential impact on privacy, security, intellectual property, and civil liability, etc.
Please list the names of organizations you are a member of, including hyperlinks for more information when possible.
The full text of the book An Introduction to Internet Governance is available here. The translated versions in Serbian/BCS (4th ed.), as well as first editions in French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, and Portuguese are also available for download.