Diplo Internet Governance Community

Stay networked. Get informed. Broadcast your projects.

Does anyone already have their visa? Visas should be free for the IGF. The information on the Host country's page (http://igf2008.in/Travel.aspx) confirms this, and I have attached the fax that your regional consulate should have received, in case this helps. Ideas?

Views: 191

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Well I sent an email to Dr. Govind but no answer yet. @charity, yes I paid all the fees, including the courier service, the consulate fees and the price is EUR220 which is USD280. I think I need to find the focal point in India to contact and directly call them to sort it out.

Seiiti said:
i'm concerned - this should not be that complicated... maybe you should contact Indian organizers
Travel information to on Hyderabad is listed in under http://igf2008.in/AboutUs.aspx.

Incidently, Hyderabad is also known as the city of pearls, so ladies have some extra money to buy pearls!
I am also waiting for the indian embassy to grant me a visa. As their office is in another city, I had to send them everything by mail.
I was concerned with time, because I´ll have to make stops in Paris and Doha airports. But the embassies from France and Qatar said I don´t need a transit visa (I hope they are right! I went through a bad experience due to lack of transit visa in the past). I believe I am depending only on the answer from the indian embassy now... I hope they don´t take long!
I have asked them to grant me a free visa and enclosed a copy of the letter send to the embassies. As a precaution, I also made the corresponding bank deposit, but sent them the information of my bank account for them to refund me, if possible. I hope they do!
Hi Marilia,

My travel agent told me this morning that they will know this week if there is still a corresponding visa fee even if there was an announcement of a gratis visa. I did enclose the fax copy for the gratis visa memo. Anyhow, like everybody else, I am also awaiting news for the visa granting. But I did not enclose any payment whatsoever. My concern, too, is the time it takes for the visa granting.

Goodluck to us!

Charity

Marília Maciel said:
I have asked them to grant me a free visa and enclosed a copy of the letter send to the embassies. As a precaution, I also made the corresponding bank deposit, but sent them the information of my bank account for them to refund me, if possible. I hope they do!
Hio everyone ,
i didnt get my visa or even applied for yet , i was attending ICANN's 33d meeting in Cairo and just came back and started the procedure but the embassy was in a holiday , now im going tomorrow to apply if they grant me the visa within 2 days it will be great since i need my passport tp be in Malaysia next week, if it wasnt possible within 2 days then i have to apply from Malaysia
Hi all! My visa arrived home yesterday. That´s very good news, but I really had to pay for it. No refunds!
My visa was granted two days ago and I am just waiting for it to be mailed to me now. I didn't pay for the visa fee but I had to pay for the prepaid courier pouch for them to mail it to me. Hopefully it arrives within this week.

Marilia, I wonder why they made you pay for the visa when I didn't have to pay for my visa?
My visa has arrived! Well, it is in Caracas, but my son has it. Good luck everybody!
I got my Visa on friday...after a whole week of back and forth.....they have a problem with the whole gratis visa issue....I actually had to print the whole list of names of people attending and highlight my name,have two contacts in India the registration form from secretariat,the tickets.....and be there in person. Bottom line am glad I have it and looking forward to seeing all of you . :-)

Virginia (Ginger) Paque said:
My visa has arrived! Well, it is in Caracas, but my son has it. Good luck everybody!
Hello all,
A very good news about the visa !
The indian mission in Kampala issued me the free visa yesterday as I showed them the notice ! Wonderfull !
It took me one day to apply and have it.
I had to travel to Kampala( Ouganda) from Bujumbura ( Burundi). Just about 16 hours of bus and long trip during the night.
I wish you all easy process for that visa :)
In order to get my visa I am going to travel from Rarotonga Cook Islands to the Indian High Commission office in Wellington NZ. I have been in communication with them and they have received all the documents I couriered to them last week, but I was reluctant to send them my passport in case it didn't get returned before I was due to travel. They have arranged to organise my visa in the one day I am in the capital before I leave for India which is great.

RSS

Members

Groups

Follow us

Website and downloads

Visit Diplo's IG website, www.diplomacy.edu/ig for info on programmes, events, and resources.

The full text of the book An Introduction to Internet Governance (6th edition) is available here. The translated versions in Serbian/BCS, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, and Portuguese are also available for download.

Interviews

Karlene Francis (Jamaica)
Ivar Hartmann
(Brazil)
Elona Taka (Albania)
Fahd Batayneh (Jordan)
Edward Muthiga (Kenya)
Nnenna Nwakanma (Côte d'Ivoire)
Xu Jing (China)
Gao Mosweu (Botswana)
Jamil Goheer (Pakistan)
Virginia (Ginger) Paque (Venezuela)