Diplo Internet Governance Community

Stay networked. Get informed. Broadcast your projects.

I will try to actively post short articles on my blog as well as twitter at this year's IGF . I would like to encourage others to do the same, as it will allow not only for a good record of the sense and tone of the meeting but also allow those who can not come to comment on developments.

As we have a rather large group this time, i'd like to see if I can get enough volunteers to live blog most of the sessions. it would take some coordination, and so volunteer to help out.

Rafik and I have been discussing how to best aggregate content that might be posted online by those twittering , blogging and/or posting information on photo sharing sites such as flickr. Let me suggest something simple - that you mark your postings with the - igf08 - tag.

in summary - am looking for people to blog, perhaps even live-blog the sessions at the IGF. If you are interested and able to help out let me and Rafik know.

regards

Robert

Views: 74

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Robert, I am an editor of Babel. I have my own site in which I blog. I am going to blog there for the IGF sessions. I wonder how I can link my postings with other blogs?

On the left frame of my page, there are linkable pages. So I think I can link other blogs from there?

Then, in the Diplo page of TakingITGlobal (TIG), there are mini-blogs that I have started. I specifically wanted to post a blog in the TIG page about the Youth and IG that Diplo is partnering.

Anyhow, let me know how we can work on this. Here is my site:

http://charity.towerofbabel.com

Regards,
Charity
hi Robert

I can help with this but I don't have my own site, just an account in twitter and flickr, I don't know if it is enough or.. what do you suggest?

kind regards

Ruth
Ruth - if you have a flickr and twitter account, well all you need to do is tag any comments about the igf with the tag - igf08. Here's how to do so for the two sites you mention

for flickr - add the "igf08" tag to photos related to the igf
twitter - place the following hashtag at the begging of igf related tweets - #igf08

Ruth Puente said:
hi Robert

I can help with this but I don't have my own site, just an account in twitter and flickr, I don't know if it is enough or.. what do you suggest?

kind regards

Ruth
I've created an event channel on the video sharing site bambuser.com. It is a nice service that allows for aggregation and archiving of live web casting from PC's & Video enabled cell phones. This will allow for live video blogging !

Using a wifi enabled cell phone with video (such as the Nokia N95) one can easily conduct 1-2 min interviews with participants and place it immediately online .

http://bambuser.com/node/53968
Thanks for the reply.

if you are already blogging, then great. All I recommend that you add the igf08 tag to your blog articles. That way content from your articles can be aggregated with other IGF content.

Robert
Ok will do the tagging - which I usually do. I will talk to our editor-in-chief about this if he has other suggestions.

Robert Guerra said:
Thanks for the reply.

if you are already blogging, then great. All I recommend that you add the igf08 tag to your blog articles. That way content from your articles can be aggregated with other IGF content.

Robert
Hi all! I don´t have a blog, but I am a volunteer to write contributions live. I´ll create a twitter and will let you know.
Robert, I have a N95, but had no time to explore it yet (shame!). If you can give me a 3 min explanation when we meet on how to do that, I believe I will be able to put some interesting stuff online. ;)
Thanks for starting this! It´s an awesome idea!
Marilla - sure , i'll give you a short quick introduction to the great things the N95 can do.

robert

Marília Maciel said:
Hi all! I don´t have a blog, but I am a volunteer to write contributions live. I´ll create a twitter and will let you know.
Robert, I have a N95, but had no time to explore it yet (shame!). If you can give me a 3 min explanation when we meet on how to do that, I believe I will be able to put some interesting stuff online. ;)
Thanks for starting this! It´s an awesome idea!
hi All,

yes it is good step that everyone try to setup a twitter account. for love blogging we let you updated soon.we need many volunteers to follow sessions and report them;
let's help IGF to enter to web 2.0 universe :)
please can you put your twitter account here and other account too.

regards

rafik
Hi people! Whoevever needs a hand from the technical side on "how is to have a blog", I might suggest how to do it. Even more, if many of you liked to blog, maybe we could do a single blogging site, shared by all: something could be set up in less than a few hours if necesary. If some of you are intrested in this, just buzz here, and I'll code it (it will be against the clock, but I think its possible to have it "on time") And also, if any wants to help coding... :D Best regards, Gabriel.

PS1: As I guess many of you will be carrying your wifi cellphones, some "mobile readyness" could be achieved.
PS2: The thing is that all we dont go need up to date info... so if any tool could be done, Ill do it ASAP!!!
PS3: I imagine that maybe whats most suitable is a microblogging thing (that could be done) rather big blog posts (the idea is to have a central point to know where to read all your day to day blogs) What you all think? Ideas?

RSS

Members

Groups

Follow us

Website and downloads

Visit Diplo's IG website, www.diplomacy.edu/ig for info on programmes, events, and resources.

The full text of the book An Introduction to Internet Governance (6th edition) is available here. The translated versions in Serbian/BCS, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, and Portuguese are also available for download.

Interviews

Karlene Francis (Jamaica)
Ivar Hartmann
(Brazil)
Elona Taka (Albania)
Fahd Batayneh (Jordan)
Edward Muthiga (Kenya)
Nnenna Nwakanma (Côte d'Ivoire)
Xu Jing (China)
Gao Mosweu (Botswana)
Jamil Goheer (Pakistan)
Virginia (Ginger) Paque (Venezuela)