This post is also available here
As I started to pack my bags for the Internet Governance Forum 2009 in Sharm ElSheikh this Sunday, I also started to prepare my mind for this event. So i started asking myself few questions i normally ask myself before starting anything:
1. Why am I going there?
2. What are my goals?
3. How can I achieve them?
4. What will I bring back with me?
5. Who will I meet?
6. What are my Interests?
7. What workshops will I attend? (Choose from the list here)
8. Are there any reading i should be doing? (Main Session Programme, Workshops schedule, Comments on the mandate of the IGF, ...)
9. What para-igf activities will i take part of?
10. Will I be blogging at that time? How about twittering? facebooking?
I have worked with the IGF for three months and physically attended February open consultations, but I can say this is the first IGF I actually take part of. Most people attending won't be their first time. But for newbies like me these questions could help, and additional questions and answers from commentators too.