Diplo Internet Governance Community

Stay networked. Get informed. Broadcast your projects.

Do you know where are you staying? Please, post here, so we can coordinate. The time together in non-official meetings (such as breakfast, dinner, etc) are always important for professional and personal reasons. Much get done during these moments.

Views: 78

Replies to This Discussion

Carol, would love to meet with the rest for dinner or lunch! Let's keep in touch! ISOC fellows are staying at Maritim Jolie Hotel.When are you leaving? I am supposed to leave here on the 12th. I will be stopping in Amsterdam then Cairo then Sharm.
Hi Carolina
I am with the ISOC fellows as well. I am really looking forward to meeting up with you and the rest of the Diplo team.

On the 13th, I arrive in Cairo at 11am from Dubai, and then depart for Sharm on the 2.30pm flight. Anyone else going to be at the Cairo airport at the same time?
1) About visa: Look the answer I got from the agency that take care of all my Visas: "The information we can find is that you may obtain a visa upon arrival or prior to departure. I am not sure how the process will be once you arrive. But we can help you obtain it before if you choose. I have attached the PDF with the application. However, the processing time has changed. It is between 10-15 days, as the consulate (in Boston area) is not open everyday for submissions and pick ups.".... Does any of you has a better answer to me on how getting the visa?

2) About my travel plans: My husband, John Wilbanks, VP at Creative Commons, was invited by CC teams around Egypt to present at their workshop. We also have plans to go to Alexandria and Jordan for work (we may even meet the Queen! :-)). So, nothing is that clear yet. The only clear information I have now is that I fly Delta to New York (JFK) on 11/13/09, 5:00 PM, then New York (JFK) to Cairo (CAI), on 11/13/09, 10:50 PM, and arrive in Cairo 4:45 PM the next day. I come back to the USA, from Cairo, on the 11/22/09, 12:30 AM, arriving back in Boston on the 11/22/09, 9:49 AM.

3) About hotel: We still not have it...since we are not completely sure about the days in Sharm. But my plans it to stay for all IGF days....but this may change based on John's agenda. In any case, we want to stay in the same hotel as many of you as possible.
Hi, Carol

I'll be at the Maritim Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort.

best,
Graci
Still i cant get any official information about my accommodations so some body help me.....
Hello! I am going to Sharm el Sheik. I will also attend the Giganet meeting too. Anyone else is planning to arrive in Sharm at 13th too? I will be at the Grand Rotana Hotel with the APC Women's Programme team.

RSS

Members

Groups

Follow us

Website and downloads

Visit Diplo's IG website, www.diplomacy.edu/ig for info on programmes, events, and resources.

The full text of the book An Introduction to Internet Governance (6th edition) is available here. The translated versions in Serbian/BCS, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, and Portuguese are also available for download.

Interviews

Karlene Francis (Jamaica)
Ivar Hartmann
(Brazil)
Elona Taka (Albania)
Fahd Batayneh (Jordan)
Edward Muthiga (Kenya)
Nnenna Nwakanma (Côte d'Ivoire)
Xu Jing (China)
Gao Mosweu (Botswana)
Jamil Goheer (Pakistan)
Virginia (Ginger) Paque (Venezuela)